The design, engineering and customer support teams at Universal Machine & Engineering Corporation consistently address the needs of the biotech / life sciences industry by improving: product quality, regulatory compliance, cost efficiency and overall speed to market.
Based in Stowe, PA, Universal Machine provides complete Biopharmaceutical manufacturing, consulting and automation solutions for biotechnology companies worldwide. Our experienced engineering, build and implementation team has a proven track record of success in improving plant productivity, quality/compliance and throughput all while solving the biggest problem of all how to reduce overall operating cost.
UMEC combination of experience and capability is unique in the industry. Our portfolio comprises a powerful range of engineering and manufacturing solutions to address the process and equipment needs for manufacturing in Biotech industry. In addition, we provide extensive aftermarket service and support, including process consulting, equipment upgrades, maintenance services, and customer training.
Our portfolio comprises a powerful range of engineering and manufacturing solutions to address the process and equipment needs for manufacturing. In addition, we provide extensive aftermarket service and support, including spare parts, equipment upgrades, maintenance services, and customer training.
When your company is faced with increased demand and/or shortened delivery dates you need to review your overall equipment effectiveness objectively. Working with a neutral single source like Universal Machine enables you to review key performance indicators (KPI) and analyze your existing equipment and automated processes to find inefficiencies and areas of needed improvement.
Once we have performed a thorough analysis Universal Machine is able to formulate a plan that provides necessary upgrades to existing equipment or recommends customized solutions that not only improve quality, but keep you compliant all while providing maximized ROI.
UMEC systems are designed and manufactured for easy operation:
- Piping module design eliminates casual operator contact
- Sensible access simplifies maintenance
- Stainless steel process contact and non-process contact
- Clean steam, sterile gas, and product contact lines are orbitally butt welded to the maximum extent possible
UMEC understands that availability and functionality of your equipment’s individual components is crucial. Our database of hundreds of preferred suppliers allow for one-stop-shopping. Spare Parts orders are processed and shipped quickly, keeping you operational 24/7.
UMEC service offerings:
- Upstream processing
- Clean Utilities
- Commission Support
- Spare Parts
- Preventive Maintenance program
- Custom spare parts kits
- Custom programs to help manage
(prepackaged and sealed)
- Site and product specific custom fabricating parts;
including but not limited to:
- Seal Housings
- CIP Wands
Biotech / Life Science Applications:
- Hygienic Process Connections
- Clean-In-Place (CIP) and Serilization-In-Place (SIP)
- pH/ORP and Conductivity
- Pressure Transmitters and Sensors
- Magnetic Flowmeters
- Coriolis Mass Flowmeters
- Temperature Transmitters and Sensors
- Water and Fluid Analyzers
- Concentration and Density Measurement
- Recorders, Controlers and Indicators
- Vision Systems
UMEC Performs Equipment audits to determine the suitability of your equipment for your next process,
UMEC can offer a full range of evaluation including P&ID and bill of material reviews followed by equipment
walk down. The result of these activities assures that your systems meet current industry standards
and best practices.
- Preventative Maintenance – a well-planned program developed to maintain process systems production worthiness and a contamination-free process.
- Equipment and parts repair service
- All parts shipped with full documentation
- Shutdown Support – Trained technicians prepared to support or manage your shutdowns.
- All equipment sizes managed on-site or in one of our manufacturing facilities.
- Take advantage of our phone support available 24×7 with timely dispatch of technical support staff.
- All repairs are completed with industry-compliant documentation.
- Control loop tuning
- On-site troubleshooting and desktop remote support
- Consultation to meet customer compliance to latest industry standards.
- Functional Requirements Specification, Detailed Design Specification, IOQ